Wednesday, July 31, 2013

gary danko | san fran


What's the best meal you've ever had? In my book, it would be impossible to narrow it down to one. However, I do have a list I refer to as my "meals of a lifetime" list. So many things can attribute to a meal making that list -- the food is a definite factor, but the company, atmosphere, conversation, and occasion all combine to create one of those "perfect" nights. It doesn't have to be the artful food of a James Beard award winner, I've had "meals of a lifetime" at the best burger joint in town. It was just one of those special life moments with great friends on a wonderful day where it just feels good to be alive and celebrate life with food. 



My meal at Gary Danko restaurant is at the top of my "meals of a lifetime" list. It's definitely not a dive. Chef Danko is one of those creative geniuses who's food rightfully has a price tag. The atmosphere in the restaurant is warm, but in my opinion the design really isn't something super special or inspirational. The food and the company made this night what it was for me. I was living in Cali with Mr. H and we hadn't seen either of our families in months. My parents came to visit and the four of us went to San Fran for the weekend. Our dinner at Gary Danko was a time where my heart was full after craving family for so long and my stomach was also full with the some of the best food I've ever tasted! Many restaurants seem to be cyclical, but Gary Danko always strives for excellence. If you're heading to SF anytime soon, you should be it on you "must" list -- you won't be disappointed.  Maybe it will be your next meal of a lifetime!

What are your meals of a lifetime? What made them so special?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...