Thursday, April 4, 2013

I Married Adventure

Mrs. H and I once spent three months jobless, roaming around the country searching for the perfect fit.  Talking about testing!  It's hard to hang on to your core values, dreams, and visions when life becomes uncomfortable.  The truth of who you are is revealed, like it or not.

During the middle of this jobless state, Mrs. H gave me the book I Married Adventure by Osa Johnson, published in 1940.

Mrs. H and I often talk about living our life as an everlasting adventure.  After all, you only get to live life once.  This book reminded me of the type of life we want to live - global, together, and creative.  



From elephants to pygmies, I was reminded how big the world is, and how many opportunities await us.  One thing I know for certain is that I, too, married adventure.  Elisabeth often reminds me of the sacrifices she is willing to make in order to protect our adventurous lifestyle.  We have laid it all on the line to live this way, and almost three years in, we're having a blast! 


Here's to a lifetime of adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...