Thursday, April 25, 2013

perch - nola


My husband has many amazing passions; however, like most guys, shopping is not one of them. Thus, his overview of NOLA didn't include my favorite place to stop in The Big Easy... Perch. Girls, this post is for you. If you're going to New Orleans this Spring or Summer, it's worth pulling your guy in there for a little interior inspiration--and leaving with a goody wouldn't be so bad (smirk). Plus, Coquette (mentioned here) is only a few blocks away, so you can lure your man to Magazine Street with promises of good food after a quick trip to Perch.



Housed in a 1860's creole cottage, it's as charming on the outside as it is on the inside. I feel like I've walked into my dream house every time I step into Perch. The store effortlessly combines antique and modern pieces in a way that suits the funky and historic aspects of New Orleans to a 't'. I love when design reflects "place." I feel this is especially important in hospitality design. But, I'm getting off subject--we'll cover my thoughts on hospitality design another time. Bottom line, Perch is a "must" for anyone visiting NOLA. See for yourself...






The iphone-ography doesn't do it justice. Trust me, you need to make a trip to Perch. You know we wouldn't lead you astray. Now all you need to do now is head down to creole country and have some fun in the Crescent City! Laissez le bon temps rouler!
-mrs.h

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...