Wednesday, June 26, 2013

inn of the anasazi | santa fe, nm

The first time Mr. H and I went to Santa Fe we were in the middle of our move to California. Santa Fe was our last stop before we made it to Cali. The reality of moving was starting to hit me. I remember pulling into Santa Fe feeling excited terrified about what was ahead. (Our decision to move ended up being great, but cold feet started setting in near the NM state line.) Santa Fe ended up being the perfect place for me to work through these fears because Santa Fe is a place of such freedom, beauty, lightness, and rest. It is hands down one of my favorite cities in the US. Not only do I love the atmosphere, but the adobe architecture, art, and history all make Santa Fe unlike anywhere in the world. 





We stayed at the Inn of the Anasazi. It will forever hold a special place in my heart because it felt like my last escape before reality hit. I love the aesthetic of the high-desert and the Inn of the Anasazi captures it beautifully with it's sculpted fire places and southwestern decor (even the bath amenities smell and feel like Santa Fe). 

This 58 room boutique hotel is situated in the heart of the city. And, it's in walking distance from so many beautiful sights including one of my favorite museums in the US... the Georgia O'Keeffe Museum. If you've never been, it's a must. It's not only beautiful, but it also gives you an appreciation of the area from the eye of an artist who loved it. 




If you need an escape from reality this summer, I would highly suggest Santa Fe. It was the perfect place for us to rest and get ready for the adventure ahead!
-mrs.h

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...