Sunday, July 14, 2013

cuba: a dream come true



We talk a lot about the importance of dreaming because we believe dreams pull you outside of the comfortable and the possible into a life of adventure and seeing the impossible become a reality. I think the following quote is so true, "Dreams pull us toward a new version of ourselves. If our aim is to become fully who we are, then our dreams are like a moon pulling the tides. Even before we achieve a dream, we are becoming the kind of person who makes those kinds of dreams come true." - Andrea Scher

Most of the dreams we talk about on the mr.&mrs.h guide are our dreams that still haven't become realities. But, the great thing about dreaming is that as you walk down the road of life you get to see dreams come true. One dream I'd had for years was to go to Cuba, but I knew it was an impossible hope because of the difficulty of getting in and out of Cuba. However, through a crazy set of circumstances Mr. H and I were able to go to Cuba in 2011. It was one of the most incredible trips of my life... it taught me the power of dreams and I fell in love with a people and a country. 

The Cuban people are such a beautiful, accepting people. The country is gorgeous and echoes an incredible history. I can't fully describe the trip in words because it was so close to my heart, but as they say "pictures speak louder than words"... 
-mrs.h













































No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...