Monday, August 12, 2013

la petite grocery | new orleans


{via}
{via}
Clearly, we love traveling and we love food. Needless to say, traveling to a food city makes our hearts sing. On a recent trip to New Orleans, I finally got to try La Petite Grocery. I'd been trying to make it there during our last few trips to Nola, but hadn't been able to. Fiinnnallllllyyyyy, I was able to tastes the delights of this wonderful place. And, I was not disappointed!! In the midst of restaurant greats (Galatoire's, Commander's Palace, etc), it totally holds it's own. In fact, it may be my no. 1 pick in New Orleans right now. I loooooved it. 

The Blue Crab Beignets are one of the best appetizers I've ever put in my mouth. I was with a group of friends and every entree ordered was amazing. I love the restaurant's design -- it feels classically New Orleans with a little freshness added to the mix. It's housed in an old grocery store (hints the name). And, you know my love for historic architecture... I was in heaven. To sum La Petite Grocery up in a phrase: "what's not to love?" My only regret was that I waited this long to try it. 
-mrs.h

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...