Wednesday, January 22, 2014

travel wish list // the parker palm springs


Although Mr. H and I are blessed to be on the road and traveling a good portion of our year, I still have places I want to eat, sleep, and stay. The Parker Palm Springs is one of those places.


I have a deep love all things midcentury. Maybe it's the happiness that embodied the Slim Aarons romanticized view of the 60's. Or, maybe you can blame it on the fact that I watched way too much Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie growing up. It's probably the latter. Regardless, I wish I could be transported back to SoCal in the glamourous 1960's. Since that's not likely to happen, I think I'll have to go for my next best option... a trip to The Parker. 


{Slim Aarons // wouldn't you love to be transported here?}

{they just don't make t.v. like the used to}
The Parker is a Palm Springs classic (most notably as the home of Gene Autry, the singing cowboy). This 131-room hotel was redesigned by Jonathan Adler. His signature happy-chic, midcentury style was a perfect fit and it truly takes a guest back in time, all the while infusing the heaviness of the midcentury color palette with fresh "citrusy" colors. Don't you just want to get in a plane and escape this "hump day" with a drink by The Parker's pool?
-mrs.h












No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...